We strongly recommend each developer to write C++ unit tests when sending a PR.
- We use googletest as the C++ test infrastructure.
- C++ tests should be added to the
- Make sure your C++ test source file is covered by this CMake glob.
# inside build/cmake .. -DTI_BUILD_TESTS=ON # ... other regular Taichi cmake argsmake # run the C++ testTI_LIB_DIR=$TAICHI_INSTALL_DIR/lib ./taichi_cpp_tests
In order to run the C++ tests, please setup the environment variable,
$TI_LIB_DIR, to point to
$TAICHI_INSTALL_DIR can be retrieved from
taichi.__path__ in python.
taichi_cpp_tests.exe will be placed inside the
Consider polishing the C++ test infrastructure:
- Separate each translation unit into its own test executable
- Have a unified script to control the execution of which set of tests